Sunnyside Arts Commission
- As called.
The Sunnyside Arts Commission created by Chapter 2.50.150 of the Sunnyside Municipal Code, is responsible for advising the City Council on all matters pertaining to the artistic, aesthetic, and cultural aspects of the City, and actively encourages programs for the cultural enrichment of the community, including visual and performing arts activities as well as arts education programs. The commission participates in the designation of historical landmarks, and reviews design elements for public sculpture, fountains, murals, benches, and other fixtures.
The committee is comprised of:
- One member of the City Council
- Three members will be citizens with a vested interest in any particular art of cultural endeavor
- Three members will preferably be from the following classes: artist, musician, or actor.
- Debbie Mendoza, At-Large, June 2023
- DeLeesa Restucci, At-Large, June 2023
- Chelsea Dimas, Artist, June 2022
- Mike Kennard, June 2023
- Andrew Hamil, June 2023
- Chase Reiff, June 2023
- John Henry, City Council, December 2020
- Board of Parks & Recreation (1 vacancy) - SMC 2.50.110
- Civil Service Commission (1 vacancy) - SMC 2.20.065 and 2.28.015
- Community and Economic Development Commission (6 vacancies) - SMC 2.50.160
Applications for the above positions are available by downloading the application, in the City Clerk's Office at City Hall 818 E. Edison Avenue, by calling 509-836-6310, or emailing the City Clerk.
Applications will be accepted until the vacancies are filled.