City Council Meetings are live-streamed using Zoom. The Council Chambers at the Law & Justice Center, 401 Homer Street, Sunnyside is available for in-person attendees unless otherwise noticed. Per current directives, all in-person attendees must wear a properly fitted mask and remain physically distanced. City staff will provide masks if needed and sanitizer is available.
- 6:30 PM
- First Monday of each month
- 6:30 PM
- Second and fourth Mondays of each month
- Francisco Guerrero, Mayor
- Dean Broersma, Deputy Mayor
- Martin Beeler, Councilor
- Julia Hart, Councilor
- Craig Hicks, Councilor
- James A. Restucci, Councilor
- Mike Farmer, Councilor
Agendas & Minutes
To listen to City Council meetings as they occur live or listen to past meetings from (April 9, 2018 to present) go to City Council Meetings - Agendas, Minutes & Recordings. Also, included are the documents and agenda items, and minutes (following approval).
City Council Agendas prior to March 6, 2018.
City Council Minutes prior to January 8, 2018
Filing period May 17-21, 2021 with the Yakima County Elections Office.
Declarations of Candidacy are accepted at the Yakima County Elections Office by mail, online, or in-person until 4 PM on Friday, May 21, 2021.
To file online you must:
- be a registered voter in the district for which you are filing
- pay with Visa, MasterCard or American Express
- provide a valid email address
- submit your filing by 4 PM on Friday, May 21, 2021.
For more information or to see which candidates have filed please visit the Yakima County Elections Office website.