Requesting Public Records

To make a request for public records, please complete the public records request form. Forms for Public Records Requests are available at City Hall, located at 818 E. Edison St., Sunnyside, Washington. For assistance, or to make requests by letter, email, or phone, contact the following departments:

For Police Records:

Vickie Dobrauc, Data Entry/Records
401 Homer St.
Sunnyside, WA 98944
Ph: (509) 837-2120
Fx: (509) 837-5873

For Municipal Court Records:

Debbie Mendoza, Court Administrator
401 Homer St.
Sunnyside, WA 98944
Ph: (509) 839-4427
Fx: (509) 836-6272

For Planning & Building Records & Documents:

Diana Atherton
818 E. Edison Avenue
Sunnyside, WA 98944
Ph: (509) 836-6352
Fx: (509) 836-6383

For EMS Related Medical Records & Documents:

Sandy Standley, CPC-H
513 S. 8th St.
Sunnyside, WA 98944
Ph: (509) 836-6409
Fx: (509) 836-6419

For all other records, or for more information:

Deborah Estrada, CMC
City Clerk/Public Records Officer
818 E. Edison Ave.
Sunnyside, WA 98944
Ph: (509) 836-6310
Fx: (509) 837-3268

Public records requests should include:

  • The name and address of the requester;
  • The date of the request;
  • A detailed description of the public record being requested;
  • Whether the requester wants copies, or wants to inspect the requested records;
  • The address where copies are to be mailed if copies are requested;
  • A statement regarding whether the records are being requested for a commercial purpose; and
  • Signature of the requester.